eMeet collects information to provide better services to all users. The main sources for eMeet’s collection of information are: information provided by you to eMeet, information obtained by eMeet in the course of your use of eMeet’s products and services, and information shared by third parties. The types of information collected by eMeet are shown as follows:
Personal information refers to all kinds of information that are recorded in electronic or other ways and that can be used alone or in combination with other information to identify the personal identity of natural persons, including but not limited to the name, date of birth, ID number, personal biometric information, address and telephone number of natural persons.
When you register your account or use eMeet’s products and services, eMeet may, upon your consent and confirmation, collect relevant personal information provided by you, such as name, gender, age, date of birth, ID number, bank card number, Email address, telephone number, mailing address, occupation and education level, etc.
Device information refers to the information about the device that you use for eMeet’s products or services.
When you use eMeet’s products or services, eMeet collects information about your device for using eMeet’s products or services, such as device name, device model, device ID, operating system and application version, language setting, resolution, and network ID of the service provider (PLMN), etc. This information can help eMeet to provide you with better information display or product services.
Location information refers to the information collected about your location when you turn on the device location feature and use related location-based services of eMeet.When you turn on the device location feature and use related products or services of eMeet, eMeet may use GPS, WiFi or other technical means to collect and process information about your actual location.
Log information means that the system may automatically collect certain information through cookies or other means and store it in the server log when you use eMeet’s products and services.Such information may include:
1. For authentication, customer service, security, archiving, backup and other purposes when eMeet provides products and services, to ensure the security of eMeet’s products and services provided to you.
2. Guarantee the normal realization of the products or services provided to you. In order to realize the function of personalized recommendation, understand how you access and use eMeet’s products and services to specifically respond to your individual needs, such as language setting, location setting, personalized help services and instructions, or to make other responses to you and other users.
3. Improve existing products and services of eMeet to enhance user experience, as shown below.
4. Help eMeet design new products and services. For example, eMeet may request users to participate in the User Experience Improvement Program in the provision of certain products or services. It will make statistics of the use of various functions of products and services for users joining the User Experience Improvement Program as required. This can improve the quality of products and services through analysis on statistical data and introduce innovative products and services that are helpful to users. If you do not want to participate in the Program, you can choose to turn off relevant features in related products/services.
5. eMeet may use your relevant information to provide you with more relevant advertising or promotional information. eMeet may also use your information to provide or promote goods and services of eMeet or third parties to you by sending marketing information to you through eMeet’s services, email or other means. If you do not want eMeet to use your personal information for the aforementioned purposes, you may request eMeet to stop using your personal information for the above purposes through related channels provided by eMeet in related products or services.
6. Software Certification or Management Software Upgrades.
7. Your authorization is not required for collecting and using your relevant information in accordance with laws and regulations under the following circumstances:
8. Other purposes with your consent.
In order for you to have a better experience, to improve eMeet’s products and services, or for other purposes that you agree to, eMeet may use the information collected through a certain product or service for eMeet’s other products and services by the way of information pooling or personalized methods in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. For example, the information collected when you use a certain service of eMeet may be used in another service to provide you with specific content or to show you relevant and non-universally pushed information. If eMeet offers appropriate options in related services, you can also authorize eMeet to use the information provided and stored by the service for other services of eMeet.
2. After collecting your personal information, eMeet will de-identify the data through technical means. The information subject will not be identified upon de-identification. Please understand and agree that eMeet has the right to use de-identified information in this case; and has the right to analyze the user database and use it commercially without revealing your personal information.
3. Please note that unless you remove all personal information provided by you when you use eMeet’s products and/or services or refuse eMeet’s collection through system settings, you will be deemed to have authorized eMeet to use such information constantly during the term you use eMeet’s products and/or services. When you cancel your account, eMeet will stop using your personal information and delete it.
4. eMeet will collect statistics on the use of eMeet’s products and/or services, and may share the statistical information with the public or third parties to demonstrate the overall use trends of eMeet’s products and/or services. However, these statistics do not include any of your personally identifiable information.
5. When eMeet displays your personal information, eMeet will desensitize your information by the way of content replacement and anonymous treatment to protect your information.
6. When eMeet intends to use your personal information for other purposes not specified in this Policy, or use the information collected based on a specific purpose for other purposes, it will ask you for prior consent through your initiative to make a check.
1. eMeet will not share your personal information with any company, organization and individual other than eMeet, except in the following cases:
3. eMeet may share your information with partners and other third parties to ensure smooth completion of the services provided to you. However, eMeet will only share your personal information for legitimate, rightful, necessary, specific and explicit purposes, and will only share the personal information necessary for providing services. eMeet’s partners do not have the right to use the shared personal information for any other purpose.
eMeet will not transfer your personal information to any company, organization or individual except in the following circumstances:
eMeet will only publicly disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and on the premise of adopting industry-standard security protection measures:
1. eMeet retains your personal information only during the period necessary for the purposes described in this Policy and within the time limit required by laws and regulations.
2. Data security technology measures: eMeet will adopt industry-standard security protection measures, including the establishment of reasonable systems, regulations and security technology to prevent your personal information from unauthorized access, use, modification and to avoid data damage or loss; eMeet will use security technology and procedures to monitor and record network operating conditions and network security incidents, and will take necessary technical measures to ensure network security and prevent loss, improper use, unauthorized reading or disclosure of information. For example, eMeet will use encryption technology to protect the personal information you provide in some services. However, please understand that even if we do our best to strengthen security measures, it is impossible to always ensure that information is 100% safe in the Internet industry due to technical limitations and various malicious methods that may exist. You need to understand that the systems and communication networks you use to access eMeet’s products and services may have problems due to factors beyond the control of eMeet.
3. eMeet only allows employees and partners who need to know the personal information to access such information, and sets strict access control and monitoring mechanisms for this purpose. eMeet also requires all personnel who may come into contact with your personal information to fulfill corresponding confidentiality obligations. Failure to fulfill these obligations may result in legal liability or suspension of a partnership with eMeet.
4. eMeet will take all reasonable and feasible measures to ensure that unrelated personal information is not collected. eMeet will only retain your personal information for the period required to achieve the purposes described in this Policy unless extension of the retention period is necessary or is allowed by law.
5. Content and information that you provide, upload or publish when you use eMeet’s products and services (such as photos of your personal activities, etc.) may reveal your personal information. You need to carefully consider whether you disclose personal information when using eMeet’s products and services. In some cases, you can control the scope of users who have the right to browse your shared information through the privacy settings of eMeet’s products and services.
6. The Internet is not an absolutely secure environment. Meanwhile, it is impossible to confirm that the communication methods including e-mail, instant messaging and social software for communicating with other users are fully encrypted. eMeet recommends that you use complex passwords and pay attention to protect your personal information when using such tools.
7. Handling of security incidents: In order to deal with potential risks such as disclosure, damage and loss of personal information, eMeet established a special emergency response team to initiate security plans, stop loss, conduct analysis, set out remedial measures and coordinate with related departments to trace and attack against different security incidents in accordance with relevant requirements of eMeet. At the same time, eMeet will promptly inform you in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations of the basic situation and possible impact of security incidents, the handling measures that eMeet has taken or will take, the suggestions that you can take for independent prevention and reduce risks, and the remedies for you etc. eMeet will promptly notify you of the incident-related situation by e-mail, letter, telephone and push notification, etc. When it is difficult to notify each subject of the personal information one by one, eMeet will issue an announcement in a reasonable and effective manner. At the same time, eMeet will also take the initiative to report on the handling of personal information security incidents in accordance with regulatory requirements.
1. You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal information; however, the deletion or modification of relevant information may affect your use of related products or services or result in the realization of some functions.
2. You have the right to change the scope of your authorization or withdraw your authorization; you can change the scope of your authorization for eMeet to continue collecting personal information or withdraw your authorization by deleting information, turning off device features, privacy settings in websites or software, etc. You may also withdraw your authorization for eMeet to continue collecting your personal information by canceling your account. Please understand that some basic personal information is required to realize each business function. When you withdraw your consent or authorization, eMeet cannot continue to provide you with the services corresponding to the withdrew consent or authorization, and will no longer process your corresponding personal information. However, your decision to withdraw your consent or authorization will not affect the processing of personal information previously based on your authorization.
3. You can also apply for cancellation of related product accounts directly if you meet agreed conditions of relevant products. After you cancel your account, eMeet will stop providing products and/or services for you and will delete your personal information according to your requirements, unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations.
4. eMeet will adopt appropriate technical means to ensure that you can make inquiries, supplements, corrections, or deletions of your personal data, or request eMeet to supplement, correct or delete relevant information through the feedback or complaint channel released by related products or services of eMeet; eMeet will process your requests according to the procedure (for example, eMeet may ask you to provide relevant certificates to confirm your identity) after receiving your application.
5. If you are unable to access, correct or delete your personal information, or if you need to access, correct or delete any other personal information you may have generated while using eMeet’s products and/or services, or if you believe that eMeet violates laws and regulations or your agreement on the collection or use of personal information, you may contact eMeet through the official feedback channel of related products or services publicly announced by eMeet or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. eMeet attaches great importance to the protection of personal information of minors. If you are a minor under the age of 18, you should obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian (collectively referred to as the "Guardian") before submitting personal information.
2. eMeet encourages Guardians to guide minors to use eMeet’s products and services, and recommends that minors encourage their Guardians to read this Policy.
3. Guardians shall bear the primary responsibility for protecting the privacy of minors in the network environment.
4. eMeet will protect relevant information of minors according to relevant laws and regulations of China.
In addition to the exclusions set out in this Policy, eMeet shall also not be liable for any of the following:
1. Any leakage, loss, misappropriation or falsification of any personal data that results from your disclosure of your password to others, sharing of a registered account with others, or other reasons that you personally mismanage your personal information.
2. Any leakage, loss, misappropriation or falsification of any personal data arising from force majeure that affect the normal operation of the network such as hacking, computer virus intrusion or attack, temporary closure due to government control, etc.
3. Leakage of personal information due to other websites linked to eMeet and any resulting legal dispute and consequence.
4. Leakage of personal information caused by other non-eMeet causes and any resulting legal dispute and consequence.
1. All products and services of eMeet are applicable to this Policy. Specific privacy policies for certain specific products and services will be particularly specified in the use agreements or separate privacy agreements for related products and services. The privacy provisions of these specific products and services form part of this Policy. In case of any inconsistency between the privacy provisions of a particular product and service and this Policy, the privacy provisions of that particular product and service shall prevail.
2. This Policy applies only to the information collected by eMeet. It does not apply to the products and services provided by any third party or the rules governing the use of information of third parties, such as the information collected by third-party products and services (including any third-party website) which is accepted through eMeet’s products and services is not applicable to this Policy. eMeet assumes no responsibility for the use of any third party of information provided by you .
4. "Associate" in this Policy means the enterprise forming "one party has the ability to directly or indirectly control, or jointly control another party, or exert a significant influence on the other party, and two or more parties are controlled by the same party or are jointly controlled, or have the relationship of significant influence" with Beijing eMeet Information Service Co., Ltd. at present or in the future.
This Policy will be released on April 23, 2020 and will take effect on April 23, 2020.